This contest is open to residents of the following communities in the Northwest Territories and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the Northwest Territories.
- Fort Liard
- Fort Simpson
- Jean Marie River
- Nahanni Butte
- Sambaa K’e
No purchase necessary. See below for full contest details. Entry in the contest means you agree to be bound by these contest rules.
- The contest begins on September 1, 2020 and ends on January 8, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. MST.
- This contest is open to all residents of the following communities in the Northwest Territories except employees and directors of the Arctic Energy Alliance (and those with whom those employees and directors are domiciled):
- Fort Liard
- Fort Simpson
- Jean Marie River
- Nahanni Butte
- Sambaa K’e
- To be eligible for entry in the contest, you must be at least 16 years of age on the date the contest begins.
How to enter
- To enter, purchase an energy-efficient product that is eligible for a rebate from the Arctic Energy Alliance (through the Energy Efficiency Incentive Program), complete a rebate application and submit it to the Arctic Energy Alliance. All rebate applications received during the contest period, and that qualify for rebates, will be automatically entered into the contest.
- Individuals who purchase qualifying LED lighting, ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerators, ENERGY STAR certified washers or ENERGY STAR certified freezers at Northern stores in the following communities, and who receive a point-of-sale rebate will not have to submit a rebate application form. Instead, they must complete a valid contest entry form (found in-store) and submit it to the Arctic Energy Alliance, along with a copy of their receipt, according to the instructions on the form. These contest entry forms must be received by the Arctic Energy Alliance before the end of the contest period.
- One entry will be granted for each qualifying item rebated during the contest period.
- To enter without making a purchase, write an essay of at least 150 words describing why you feel saving energy is important, and submit it to the Arctic Energy Alliance using one of the following methods:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail:
101–5102 51st Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 1S7
- By fax: (867) 873-0303
Only one essay entry will be accepted per person.
Draw and winner selection
- On January 15, 2021, in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, before 5:00 p.m. MST, one eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Before being declared the winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within one week of the prize draw, another entry will be drawn from among the remaining eligible entries.
- There will be one prize of a $500 gift card, valid at Northern and Northmart stores.
The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at the option of the Arctic Energy Alliance. The Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Arctic Energy Alliance’s discretion, a cash award.
- By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Arctic Energy Alliance with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
- The Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Arctic Energy Alliance that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these contest rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Arctic Energy Alliance – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Arctic Energy Alliance deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Arctic Energy Alliance in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Arctic Energy Alliance. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s)
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the contest, or any other methods not authorized by these contest rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the Arctic Energy Alliance. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of the Arctic Energy Alliance upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Without limitation, the Arctic Energy Alliance will not be liable for any failure of the website during the contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Arctic Energy Alliance for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Arctic Energy Alliance will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the contest.
- By entering this contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Arctic Energy Alliance, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her entry only for the purposes of administering the contest and administering the Energy Efficiency Incentive Program.
The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, the North West Company or Northern stores. Any questions or comments regarding the contest should be directed to the Arctic Energy Alliance.