Want to know what the AEA did over the past year? It’s in our latest annual report. Here are just some of the highlights from 2017-18:
- All allocated funding for three of our four rebate-based programs was distributed, or earmarked for distribution, well before the end of the fiscal year—speaking to the popularity of these programs.
- We distributed 876 rebates, worth more than $600,000.
- The clients we worked with will annually save:
- 521 tonnes of greenhouse gases
- Nearly 2 million litres of oil
- The equivalent of more than half the electricity used in Ulukhaktok
- More than $500,000
- We sponsored and provided advice on a house built by Habitat for Humanity that is among the most energy-efficient homes in Yellowknife.
- We worked with two partner communities to install 29 safe, efficient wood stoves for residents and deliver 55 more stoves to five communities, which will be installed next year.
- We partnered with the Tthets’éhk’é Deli (Jean Marie River) First Nation to implement low-cost retrofits to participating residents’ homes to reduce energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
Download the full report below: