The Arctic Energy Alliance has funding to work with two NWT communities to develop their community energy plans. This is a six-month project beginning September 1, 2023 and ending March 31, 2024. The project funding will support the community partner to hire a local Community Energy Champion.
- Develop the community energy plan (CEP) through a community engagement process;
- Formally adopt the CEP through the community government;
- Identify a strategy or strategies from the CEP that can be initiated within the next year and determine what needs to be done to implement it or them;
- Source potential funding to implement a strategy or strategies identified in the CEP;
- Support capacity building at the local, community and territorial levels through mentorship.
For more information and to apply, see the PDF document linked below.
Deadline for applications: Noon, July 3, 2023.