Complete the form below to enter the contest.
This contest is open to residents of the Northwest Territories and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the Northwest Territories.
No purchase necessary. See below for full contest details. Entry in the contest means you agree to be bound by these contest rules.
- The contest begins on November 8, 2021 and ends on December 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
- This contest is open to all residents of the Northwest Territories except employees and directors of the Arctic Energy Alliance (and those with whom those employees and directors are domiciled).
- To be eligible for entry in the contest, you must be at least 18 years of age on the date the contest begins.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, complete the contest entry form and submit it to the Arctic Energy Alliance by the contest end date. The entry form must include a photo of the entrant, or a member of the entrant’s household, performing a home winterization task.
- The entry form is available at www.aea.nt.ca/winterize and on postcards mailed to every household in the Northwest Territories with postal codes beginning with X0E and X0G.
- The entrant must indicate on their contest entry form which prize they would like to win.
- One contest entry form will be accepted per household. One entry into the contest draw will be granted for a completed entry form including a photo of the entrant, or a member of the entrant’s household, performing a home winterization task. A second entry will be granted for an additional photo depicting the entrant, or a member of the entrant’s household, helping a member of another household with a home winterization task.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
- Entries will be divided by the entrants’ regions of residence (as listed below), for a possible total of six prize draws.
For the purposes of the contest, the regions will be considered as follows:
- Beaufort–Delta (Aklavik, Fort McPherson, Inuvik, Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tsiigehtchic, Tuktoyaktuk, Ulukhaktok, and surrounding areas)
- Dehcho (Fort Liard, Fort Simpson, Jean Marie River, Nahanni Butte, Sambaa K’e, Wrigley, and surrounding areas)
- North Slave (Dettah, Ndilo, Yellowknife, and surrounding areas)
- Sahtu (Colville Lake, Deline, Fort Good Hope, Norman Wells, Tulita, and surrounding areas)
- South Slave (Enterprise, Fort Providence, Fort Resolution, Fort Smith, Hay River, Kakisa, Katl’odeeche, Lutsel K’e, and surrounding areas)
- Tlicho (Behchoko, Gameti, Wekweeti, Whati, and surrounding areas)
- On or about December 17, 2021, in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, before 5:00 p.m. MST, one eligible entrant will be selected by random draw, for each of the six possible prize draws, from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Should there be no eligible entries from a region, a prize will not be awarded for that region.
- Before being declared the winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within one week of the prize draw, another entry will be drawn from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Each winner can choose to receive one of the following prizes:
- A cord of firewood
- A delivery of wood pellets
- An ENERGY STAR® certified freezer
- A circulation pump with an electronically commutated motor (ECM).
- Each prize has an estimated retail value of $600.
- There will be a maximum of six prizes (one prize per region).
- When feasible, the Arctic Energy Alliance will attempt to coordinate with the winner for the selection and delivery of the exact prize. At its discretion, the Arctic Energy Alliance may select the exact prize for any given winner, and coordinate delivery of the prize to the winner, without consulting the winner.
- By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to the following release for photos submitted to the Arctic Energy Alliance for the purposes of entering the contest:
- By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Arctic Energy Alliance with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
- The Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Arctic Energy Alliance that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these contest rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Arctic Energy Alliance reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Arctic Energy Alliance – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Arctic Energy Alliance deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Arctic Energy Alliance in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Arctic Energy Alliance. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the contest, or any other methods not authorized by these contest rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the Arctic Energy Alliance. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of the Arctic Energy Alliance upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Without limitation, the Arctic Energy Alliance will not be liable for any failure of any contest-related websites during the contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Arctic Energy Alliance for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Arctic Energy Alliance will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the contest.
- By entering this contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Arctic Energy Alliance, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her entry only for the purposes of administering the contest.
The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, ENERGY STAR Canada or Natural Resources Canada. Any questions or comments regarding the contest should be directed to the Arctic Energy Alliance.